Job ID: 2022-36749
Type: Physician - Pediatric Ophthalmologist
# of Openings: 1
Category: Physician WASETO
Pediatrix Eye Care is recruiting a fellowship-trained BC/BE pediatric ophthalmologist to join our clinically active group of pediatric ophthalmologists. The candidate should have experience in all aspects of general pediatric ophthalmology, including in screening for and treatment of Retinopathy of Prematurity. Participation in daily clinical activities which includes outpatient visits, surgery, NICU screening for ROP and hospital consultations, allow for a diverse exposure to all areas of pediatric ophthalmology.
In addition to clinical responsibilities, opportunities exist to participate in clinical research, clinical work in rural Skagit Valley, and organized ophthalmology.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- 3 days of outpatient clinical work per week seeing children and adults with strabismus
- Myopia management program
- Diverse array of medical and surgical patients
- Rounding on NICU babies 1 day per week in area hospitals
- Surgical experience in one of 3 area hospitals
- Anterior and posterior segment
- Strabismus, child and adult
- Fellowship trained pediatric ophthalmologist.
- Must be ABO Board Eligible or Board Certified
- A valid WA Medical License or ability to obtain one
- Ability to screen for and treat ROP
- Proficiency with EHR concepts and willingness to learn NextGen
- Strong work ethic
Pediatrix Eye Care is a happy, positive, caring group of 2 pediatric ophthalmologists, one pediatric optometrist, an optician and an energetic support staff that likes to laugh and works hard to give our patients and parents an experience above and beyond the typical doctor’s office. Everything from a separate waiting area for adults and teens, a 500-frame pediatric optical shop, a movie room, to an indoor soft foam play area is geared toward our patient-centric ethos. We are a well-respected practice with a regional referral base across the Pacific Northwest and extending to Alaska.
Kirkland, Washington is a vibrant community along the eastern shore of Lake Washington a short drive from Seattle and bordered by Bellevue and Redmond. The area is growing and is home to companies such as Costco, Microsoft, Amazon, and more. Kirkland is minutes from lakefront beaches and the Puget Sound’s beaches and islands, an hour from world class skiing, and is a hiker’s paradise with trails for all skill levels.
Effective November 1st, 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Compensation: The pay for this position ranges from $200,000 - $325,000 per year with bonus potential.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Pediatrix provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K Thrift and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance provided with opportunity for supplemental options
- Critical illness, hospital and accident insurance
- 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Short term disability and long-term disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Extensive Employee Perks program
- Employee Assistance Program
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/PLM25WcAnRZR4FwMjtgJKK
Back to Top