Interactive Strabismus Simulator
The American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) offers an interactive simulator designed to teach and allow practice of basic strabismus evaluation. Simple comitant deviations are demonstrated in the current model. Visit the AAO website to learn more:
You can apply 4 unique tests in this simulator:
- Cover-uncover test. See which eye is dominant, and if the deviation is manifest/tropic.
- Alternate cover test. See the entire potential deviation: tropia and phoria.
- Alternate cover test with prism. Measure the entire potential deviation: tropia and phoria.
- Simultaneous prism cover test. Measure only the tropia component.
- Watch the video tutorial for an overview of all features and functions in the simulator.