AAPOS Vision Screening Kit Now Available!
AAPOS is offering a basic screening kit to assist anyone who screens vision, including school nurses, Lions Club members, Head Start, and medical personnel working in pediatrics and family medicine.
The AAPOS Vision Screening Kit is for screening the vision of individuals beginning at age 3 through adulthood.
- Spiral-bound, multisided, distance visual acuity eye charts that can be hung on a wall or held in the hands.
- Sloan Letters for when children know their letters.
- LEA Symbols for preschoolers and for children who do not yet know their letters.
- Screening is conducted at 10 feet.
- Full-Chart Threshold and Single Critical Line formats:
- Threshold screening involves beginning at the top of an eye chart and moving down the chart until the child or adult misses 3 of 5 optotypes.
- Critical line screening is using only the line which the child or adult should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes according to age.
- Children ages 3 and 4 years should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/40 line.
- Children aged 5 years and older, and adults, should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/32 line.
- Adhesive occlusion patches.
- Black hand-held flip paddle occluder for children aged 10 and older and adults who will not tolerate patches.
- Children's Fun Frames Occluder Glasses for children under age 10 years who will not tolerate patches.
- 10-foot cord for measuring screening distance between chart and child's or adult's eyes.
- Translucent Response Panel for matching.
- Instructions printed on one of the eye chart cards.
- School Nurse Vision Screening Tutorial DVD created by Kathy Lee, MD, PhD, for the American Academy of Ophthalmology's Leadership Development Project, which rolled out at NASN in 2010 and now includes a Spanish version.
- DVD with:
- Vision Screening Results Reporting Form to copy and distribute to individuals undergoing screening.
- Information included on Reporting Form describes the importance of a follow-up eye exam to copy and distribute to parents/guardians when their children do not pass vision screening or are untestable on multiple rescreens
The kit can be purchased through Good Lite for $69
A 10% discount is available for orders of 5 or more kits. For this special offer, please email email@example.com